Coghlan's Emergency Drinking Water Germicidal Tablets (50 ct), Potable Treatment

SKU: COG76204

Coghlan's Emergency Drinking Water Tablets are intended for emergency use of drinking water. When used as directed, they make most water suitable for drinking. Not to be used on a continuous basis and is for short term or limited emergency use only. Ideal for camping, hiking, backpacking and other outdoor activities.

  • Easy to use
  • No unpleasant taste
  • Iodine-based compound (no chlorine)
  • 50 Tablets; Treats up to 25 quarts of water
  • Ideal for camping, hiking, backpacking and other outdoor activities
  • Shelf Life: Unopened - 4 years from manufacture date
  • Shelf Life: Opened - 1 year from date of opening, or if they start to dis-color
Storage and Disposal
  • Store in a cool dry place. If empty: Nonrefillable container. Do not reuse or refill this container. Place in trash or offer for recycling if available. If partly filled: Call your local solid waste agency for disposal instructions.
  • Add 2 tablets to 1 quart or liter of water and cap loosely to allow a small amount of leakage. Wait 5 minutes. Shake container to allow screw threads on the closure to be moistened, then tighten cap. Wait 30 minutes before drinking. Recap bottle tightly. Keep tablets dry.
Precautionary Statements
  • Hazard to humans and domestic animals. Keep out of reach of children. Avoid eye contact. Will cause severe irritation to eyes and mucous membranes. Harmful if swallowed. Wash hands thoroughly with soap and water after handling and before eating, drinking, chewing gum, or using tobacco. If in eyes: Hold eye open and rinse slowly and gently with water for 15-20 minutes. Remove contact lenses, if present, after the first 5 minutes, then continue rinsing eye. If swallowed: Call a poison control center or doctor immediately for treatment advice. Have a person sip a glass of water if able to swallow. Do not induce vomiting unless told to by a poison control center or doctor. Do not give anything to an unconscious person. Have the product container or label with you when calling a poison control center or doctor or going for treatment.